ZUMBA® and the Zumba Fitness logos are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under license. www.zumba.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Why is everyone else better at this than me?

Are you new to Zumba®? I want you to know three things:

1) Zumba is designed to be easy to follow and fun. Some songs are easier than others. I try to offer a variety of rhythms, music, and dance styles. This variety is good for your body, too.

2) Everyone else that has been coming regularly knows *most* of the routines pretty well, so each class they only have to learn the one or two new songs that I bring. But at your first class, ALL the songs are new, so give yourself a break if you seem to not be "getting it" like everyone else. When I first came to a Zumba class, I got so lost on one song that I completely stopped moving just to watch the instructor for a minute and try to figure out what was going on. It's okay!

3) Give it at least three chances before you decide you can't do it! You'll be surprised how quickly you get used to the basic steps, you'll get used to the routines, and you're body will adjust to feeling all those new muscles you didn't know you had! And you'll relax enough to recognize how much you are SMILING and having a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment