ZUMBA® and the Zumba Fitness logos are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under license. www.zumba.com

Friday, February 1, 2013

Go on. Say it. Out loud.

I'm going to ask you do something really hard. I know it will feel awkward.

First, you have to read this quick essay:
http://offbeatfamilies.com/2012/11/telling-daughters-im-beautiful

Ironically, my daughter showed me this. Actually posted on her Facebook wall. Her roommate commented with this great bit of wisdom: "There are too many women I really look up to, and then they talk about how ugly and old they are. I always think they're pretty and get frustrated because they can tell me I'm beautiful and I'm supposed to believe them, but they won't believe that they're beautiful."

This is the unintended backside of those negative comments you make about yourself. Do you want people to distrust you when you compliment them? Do you want them to be just as harsh with themselves as they see you being? Lighten up on yourself and you'll find it lightens others as well.

Go on. Say it. "I'm beautiful." Out loud. Let someone hear you. 

2 comments:

  1. I congratulate you to be an instructor of Zumba. You blog motivates me to continue with my Zumba's classes and keep myself healthy and BEAUTIFUL! Diana L

    ReplyDelete