ZUMBA® and the Zumba Fitness logos are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under license. www.zumba.com

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Zumbaversary Celebration!

Friday the 13th. 


April 13.


Blacklight Zumba Party!

FREE!

I want to celebrate my Zumbaversary with all of you! Well, about 50 of you. I have rented the studio at SCERA and have arranged to have BLACKLIGHTS to make it really fun! I can't wait!

It's true there is no charge, but I would love if you could bring a donation to SCERA. SCERA is a non-profit organization providing good quality productions for the community at a very reasonable price. They have family friendly movies showing all the time, and summer movie series for kids at a rock-bottom rate. They have all kinds of classes for everything from film production to ballroom dance (taught by fellow Zumba enthusiast, Shawn Mortensen). 

Please, hear me out:

When my daughters were in the elementary school plays I first thought it was a lot of work and was a little over the top. But I volunteered to take backstage footage and make a video for all the cast to keep. While I was backstage (a lot) I saw what that production did for those kids. They had gained confidence, friendships, and had learned to work hard together. I even saw a group of them walking together with elbows linked, singing at the top of their lungs, "Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!" Can you believe? Not a silly teeny-bopper song. I was sold on the value of theater for both the audience and the production team. 

So, sometimes we only think of charities as giving out food and clothing to those in need. Those are important, but I hope you'll consider the charity of SCERA as one that proactively builds strong and capable citizens for our community by the work they do. And it is SO nice for my family to go see their productions and have a great time together--affordably. Check them out at www.scera.org.

Currently, the wood floor in the studio is badly in need of refinishing. I'd love to help them get that done. If you know of someone who would be willing to donate materials, time or labor to this project please call the SCERA: 801-225-ARTS and ask for April.

Please bring a donation for SCERA to the AWESOME FUN BLACKLIGHT ZUMBA PARTY on Friday, April 13th. All of your donations are tax-deductible. If you bring a check, make it out directly to SCERA.

And I'm worried about running out of space, so email me if you plan to come! And everyone will need to have a signed waiver. If you could print this out and bring it with you, it would save a lot of time when everyone arrives. Thanks!

The party will be 8-9:30 p.m. Woo hoo!

THANK YOU!

4 comments:

  1. That is an awesome post!!!! You are amazing...yet again!!! I'll be there Shelly...but I'll be emailing you to be official too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed...I can't make it. :( Have fun, girls!!! Oh wait..that's a given when you're doing zumba. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds totally awesome! I will sooooooo be there!

    ReplyDelete