ZUMBA® and the Zumba Fitness logos are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under license. www.zumba.com

Monday, May 22, 2017

Quinoa Salad

This is a great summer recipe. I got it from my sister-in-law. I make a half recipe and it is makes three days of lunches for me. I love make ahead meals!

Quinoa Salad
Perfect for summer! High nutrition and very satisfying. 

1 cup uncooked quinoa, cooked
1 shallot, diced (I just used about a 1/2 cup of onion)
1 mango, diced (I substituted some pineapple once and enjoyed that)
1 apple, diced (optional, this is my addition to the recipe)
2-3 cups of chopped fresh spinach
a few leaves of fresh basil, chopped
juice of one lemon
2 T olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
feta cheese (optional, I didn't use it, but have mixed in some cottage cheese sometimes)

Cook the quinoa and let cool. Add the remaining ingredients, toss, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment