ZUMBA® and the Zumba Fitness logos are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under license. www.zumba.com

Monday, November 14, 2016

Fabulous Fall Cookies, Sugar-free!

Anytime I have ripe bananas I make these cookies! I alter the ingredients a little every time based on what I'm in the mood for. This batch turned out so delicious I had to share them with you. I have tweaked the basic three ingredient cookie recipe using ripe bananas to make it even better, but no less easy and no less healthy. I keep extras in the freezer so I can have some when I need an afternoon snack or would like a little dessert in the evening. My little boy likes them too. They are great for taking on errands so he doesn't get hangry while I'm doing all that boring stuff.




I like the texture better made with oat flour instead of the rolled oats. I added some vanilla and cinnamon. I have found that adding a little applesauce gives the cookies the ability to puff just a little more, made possible by the addition of baking powder. You can add other things like chocolate chips, cocoa (1-2 Tablespoons), raisins, pumpkin seeds, or cacao nibs.

2 ripe bananas
1/4 c applesauce
1 t vanilla (REAL vanilla!)
1 1/2 c oat flour (blend rolled or quick oats in the blender)
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 c craisins (okay, these technically have sugar in them, but i'm okay with that)

Combine all ingredients with a mixer or by hand until the bananas are well incorporated and no chunks remain. Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or sprayed with cooking spray). Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment